Saturday, November 8, 2008

November 7th


Today I'm thankful for the individuals who fight to overcome disease's of this modern world & those individuals who care for those with illness. Today I took care a women with "organic brain disease"....very similar to Alzheimer's but can often happen in the younger population. This was particular scary for me as my Mom had Alzheimer's disease for almost 14 loooong years. It was so painful to watch my Mother, who was extremely independent, thoughtful & bright become a shell of herself. Mom did not know she had children & one time when she asked if she every had children & I said "yes, you had a girl & a boy, I'm your daughter"...well, she started to cry, she asked "did I remember them at their birthdays?". Ever mindful of another's feelings & needs.
So as I cared for this woman, I learned her son had moved back to the area to care for his mother.
I am grateful for the selfless acts of kindness shown by those who care for others.

0 comments: