Thursday, November 6, 2008

November 6th


Today was my first day back to work after being off for 8 days. I have a suuuuweet schedule where I work 6 days on, 8 days off. But I really log long hours during my time on the clock. I also awoke to a newscast of a projected layoff of 140 workers @ CW (Colonial Williamsburg). Today, I'm grateful to have a job I love (RN in the recovery room), plenty of work & be hansomely compensated for my efforts. In a time of layoffs, closures & shut downs...I feel confident I will always have access to some form of work...a true blessing. I'm grateful to parents who taught me to work hard & be thankful just to have the opportunity to work. I once remember I was sort of "whining" to my Dad about a change in my benefits at work (this was 15 years ago)...he looked at me & said "hey, you get a paycheck what more do you want?" Since then I have always tried to be happy with what I had & try not to complain about what I think I should or could have. Today I'm thankful for the opportunity to work....

0 comments: