Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memories....


Thursday is my brother's birthday, he would have been 46 years old. As I was looking for pictures of him, I came across a pic from a family vacation to none other than Colonial Williamsburg!! I believe we are standing in front of Bruton Parish Church. A place with many memories rich in history. As I look at this picture, I too have many memories of that family trip. It was HOT (nothing has changed!) & we were not very impressed by the whole history thing. And guess what, Busch Gardens didn't exist, so there was no bribing us to be good! Jack took a particular interest in the guns, canons & other neat "boy things" while all I wanted to do was shop or go swimming. It was one of the 1st times Mom & Dad let us stay by ourselves at the hotel. We went swimming & then ordered from room service (!), hamburgers & Cokes. We even had it our food delivered to the pool, we thought we were sooo cool. We stayed at the Ramada Inn on Route 60, which as I use to travel to the old Williamsburg Hospital to work, I would pass it every day & always think about our room service dinner @ the pool. What a great time that was. I miss you Jack...more about you on your special day!

Hey Mom, that's a really groovy outfit you have on!
Sherry (10), Mom (forever 29!) & Jack (8)

0 comments: